Volunteer with us!
Support the INHS Mollusk Collection by volunteering your time. Volunteers provide invaluable support to our researchers and staff.
- Donate your skills to a valuable community service
- Gain professional experience & build your resume
- Explore a career and gain professional references
- Enhance your education
- For fun!
who can volunteer?
We are looking for people with these qualities:
- Interested in mussels and/or gastropods
- Detail oriented and able to work independently
- Willingness to ask questions
- Ability to follow instructions
- No prior experience or computer skills necessary
Available volunteering opportunities:
- Performing maintenance tasks, such as:
- Replacing failing curation materials (to read more about our issues with failing vial stoppers click here)
- Cutting felt for our archival boxes
- Shifting and shelving specimens
- Databasing uncatalogued specimens
- Photographing catalogued material
- Assisting with specimen identification and curation
When and where:
- Our collection is located in the Natural Resources Building on the corner of Sixth and Peabody. Click here for a google map of our location.
- We are conveniently located across the street from the Sixth and Peabody MTD bus stop. There is also metered parking available just South of our building.
- We can accommodate volunteers most business days between 9a – 5p.
Contact Rachel Vinsel (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.