Support the INHS Mollusk Collection by volunteering your time. Volunteers provide invaluable support to our researchers and staff.
- Donate your skills to a valuable community service
- Gain professional experience & build your resume
- Explore a career and gain professional references
- Enhance your education
- For fun!
Who can volunteer?
We are looking for people with these qualities:
- Interested in mussels and/or gastropods
- Detail oriented and able to work independently
- Willingness to ask questions
- Ability to follow instructions
- No prior experience or computer skills necessary
Available volunteering opportunities:
- Performing maintenance tasks, such as:
- Replacing failing curation materials (to read more about our issues with failing vial stoppers click here)
- Cutting felt for our archival boxes
- Shifting and shelving specimens
- Databasing uncatalogued specimens
- Photographing catalogued material
- Assisting with specimen identification and curation
When and where:
- Our collection is located in the Forbes Natural Resources Building at 1816 S. Oak Street in Champaign, Illinois.
- There is metered parking available just south of our building.
- We can accommodate volunteers most business days between 9a – 5p.
Contact Rachel Vinsel (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.